Creative Stretch Part Three

Well May is over and my fingers are tired from commenting on all the entries, but it was so worth it.  I think I may be following an additional 50 blogs because I discovered so many sites that were filled with inspiration and techniques for me to try.

Our final May Winner was announced, and that went to Debbie J.  Congratulations to both our May winners.  We also had a bonus winner, so if you left a comment check to see if you were our bonus winner, by clicking the Monthly Winners tab above.

June's challenge will be posted soon, although I am running a bit behind on things.  I have another card to share with you and it's a doosie of a card.  It measures around 7.5 x 7 and to be honest with you, although these big cards allow for a lot of creativity, they do impose on your patience.  Then you must face the fact that you will need to make your own envelope to accommodate the card.

In the end creating a card with lots of interest takes determination and perseverance.  Kudos to all you ladies that indulge in these frame-able masterpieces! Is it worth it for me, well.... I haven't decided that part just yet, although they are fun and very unique.  I do enjoy the looks and comments I receive from my co-workers, but time is my issue.  For now I'll continue to ponder all the while I'm stretching my creative juices.  I'll let you know my decision as soon as I figure it out.  The issue is adjusting to the size, after all this isn't the standard size in the USA.  They sure are fun and they grab my attention quickly because of all the detail.

Anyway I saw a design while surfing and I thought to myself, what could I do with that design.  Well I tweaked the design just a bit and then created my own bookmark (needless to say I ordered the die) and added a few touches here and there to create what you see below.  Hope you like.


Some of the items used are:

Spellbinders Fancy Lattice
Spellbinders D-Lite Flourish
Spellbinders Grand Rectangle
Marianne LR0117 Frame
Wild Orchid Flowers
My Version of Spellbinders Bookmark
Graphic 45 Birdsong Collection
Stampin' Up Cardstock
Ribbon from my stash
Marianne LR0228 Leaves




Don't forget to check the tabs above for June's Challenge, which will feature our Anything Goes theme with a twist of choices; Father's Day, Graduation, or Summer/Vacation.


Thanks for hanging out with us
Sending hugs from Texas
Lesia
a.k.a. "Mema"


2 comments:

Sheila H said...

Your card is grand - in size and design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lesia - this is a stunner!! Love the flowers and that beautiful die-cut - and of course you had to buy the die ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...