Just Playing Around

Hello everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend and now you're ready to play a new challenge here at Mema's Crafts.  I had a long weekend and all I did was lay around, play around and of course I had to do a little housework just to keep myself alert enough to eat.  It seems when I start playing in my craft-room I tend to forget about everything else until the dog barks or my grand-daughter shows up and with this beautiful weather I'm just hooked on crafting and shopping for more stuff that I truly don't need.

I made several things this weekend thanks to the many tutorials that can be found on YouTube.  A few were very frustrating and hard to follow while others made it all seem so simple.  All in all I accomplished my mission and that was to play.  After a few tutorials I decided to create a couple of cards, one for my upcoming challenge and one to share with everyone.  I also decided to do a scrapbook layout just to do something different.

Oh well, since I need to go post my October challenge and announce September's final winner I will make this post a really short one.  Autumn has arrived and I just love it...hint for October's challenge...although most days it doesn't love me with my many many allergies.

Remember to check the Winners Channel tab to see if you were a winner and try your luck at winning by entering my next challenge that will open on October 1st.

Check out these cards I have to share and if you have time leave your comments below.



 This first card has a greeting and a tag on the front cover.  Wasn't sure what to do with it once I created it but I thought it was interesting.

Eventually I will stamp and color an image on the tag and then add the greeting to the space behind the tag.



Here you can see the tag out.  The corner die from Spellbinders acts as the holder for the tag.


Just a quick look at the inside.  As is my norm, I used any leftover scraps to finish off the inside of my cards.




This card came to be because I couldn't bare to part with this DP.  I only had a few pieces left and I had to create something, so this what I came up with.

It needs a bit of work, but I think I could give it as a just because card and be okay.

This is a peek at the inside which has a better view of this gorgeous paper.



So now you see what I do with those scraps of paper I tend to keep stored in a plastic bag along with a few other scraps of different things.  I refer to that bag as my scrap bag...and my girls find that very old-timey of me.  That's what they tell me all the time.

Well that's it for tonight, for I must awaken tomorrow bright and early and pretend I enjoy my job...really its not that bad, I just have retirement syndrome. (smiles).

I hope to see you guys in the challenge and be on the lookout for a new tutorial I am preparing for you.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to find beauty in all things!

Hugs
Lesia

5 comments:

msafrocentric2012 said...

Beautiful cards. I love your dies

CraftySue52 said...

Beautiful job!

Sheila H said...

This is gorgeous, Lesia. Can't wait to see what your finishing touches are!

Miss Misi said...

Lovely!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the top card Lesia - they are both beautiful, but the top one really appeals. So glad you had fun 'playing'.
Blessings
Maxine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...