Graphic 45 Release

Hello everyone.  After fighting the war with the flu I think I am finally winning.  It was such a blessing to be able to take a full shower without the fear of passing out and to sleep through the night for 5 hours without the fits of coughing.  Life is beginning to look good again, and my heart is filled with joy and peace once again.

Sounding a bit dramatic but I truly felt like I needed to call my attorney to go over my will.  The worse flu I have ever had!!  But I am winning this fight one cough or germ at a time (smiles).

Now that I'm up and on my PC again, I have to say I am real excited about all the new releases coming out next month.  Have you seen the new releases coming from Graphic 45?  They have done it again with three new collections and of course I am anxiously waiting for them to hit the shelves, although I will limit myself to just one (maybe two) complete collection.

There is the Botanical Tea Collection, All Sports Collection and By the Seaside Collection.  The colors aren't as bold as French Country and not quite as pastel as Secret Garden or Sweet Sentiments.  These new colors are rather mute and subtle so I'm not sure how I feel about them.

I decided not to do any pre-ordering this time, and my hope is that I won't later regret that I made this decision.   After looking at the new releases and the projects the team created I decided to expend the rest of my newly found energy on a project/tutorial offered by Graphic 45.

Now I am ready to share it with you.  The card is only 5.5 x 4.75 but I like how it turned out.



I used the gorgeous "French Country" paper collection and matched it with Tim Holtz's postage stamp die to create the frame.  I then layered my paper and added a border punch on one of the layers.  The center of the card I have a pocket tag from the French Country chipboard sheet.

I fussy cut the big sunflowers and used foam tape to pop them up and then I cut the words out from one of the sheets and popped them up as well.

I followed the tutorial pretty much but as usual I started making my own little changes along the way.  The inside I created using the negative of the die cut from the front and added a few leftover scraps to finish it off.

Now I'm off to bed...still trying to make sure I get enough sleep to allow my body to finish healing.

There's still time to enter our challenge to be eligible for our first prize winner, selected on the 15th as well as our monthly prize at the end of the month.

Until our next rendezvous, be safe and allow your creativity to flow.
Hugs ~Lesia 

5 comments:

Sheila H said...

I'm so sorry you have been ill, Lesia. Be sure to take it easy as you recover your strength. Your card is gorgeous with its varied layers and embellishments. Those fussy cuts really pop as do the butterflies. Love the inside, too :)

Selma said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick. Hope you are fully recovered soon. Love your work.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Lesia - and well done on using the negative of the die cut.
Sorry to hear you have not been well, and thankful to hear you are on the mend.
Blessings
Maxine

Tellabling's Crafty Chipboard said...

Hi Lesia

I hope you feel better soon. Great card, as usual. Your work is awesome.

Renee Collier said...

So sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. Glad that you're on the road to recovery. Lovely card with all of the layers and fussy cutting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...