Happiness vs Sadness

Well my friends, I am caught between being overjoyed at the thought of getting a lighting fast, high tech, better than ever PC or crying because such joy is going to leave my bank account blank for at least a month or two.

But what is a girl to do?  My trusted family friend (PC) had a motherboard that didn't want to play host anymore. I could have found a replacement and spent 1/3 the price of a new one but reality says when the mother board goes the rest is sure to follow so a new one it was.  So here I am waiting for my data to get all transferred to the new one and while that is going on and even after I get the PC I will be out of the net attempting to re-install all my photos and applications.

But I must tell you about a bit of excitement that's going on over at Mema's Crafts.  I am proud to announce that I have a small non-relative (no kinfolk) team of ladies who have graciously offered to be a designer for Mema's Crafts. Isn't that just too cool!!!! I can hardly wait to introduce you to them, but that will have to wait until later this month.

In the meantime I have a project to share with you today.  Another emotional agony for me is; the sadness of knowing my Mom is no longer with me, but there's the joy of having someone that cares for me almost just as much as a mom or sister would.  This project is for that very special lady whom I call friend.


First of all I give you two views of both the card and the matching box. The top shows the box laying down so you can see the side trim I added to match
the colors on the top mat of the box.  Then on the photo below I simply stand the box up a bit more so you can compare the images.


The box measures 6.5 x 6.5 which took me forever to create.  I lost my PC so I didn't have any instructions so I had to wing it...talk about burning up brain cells, but it finally came together.

The flowers are prima and the outlined leaves are from Frantic Stamper's Precision Dies Collection.  The Designer Paper I purchased from Frantic Stamper but can't think of the collection at the moment.  



 The card base is 6 x 6 with approximately 8 layers if you count the embellishments.  The image is  from one our current sponsors "Rick St Dennis" which I provide a link to in our challenge blog.  The image was colored with copics and I love all the details the image has, which for me converts to lots of creative coloring.

 The fence is a Tim Holtz die and I used a Spellbinders nestability to cut the banner.  Everything has been inked with distress ink from Ranger and the ribbon, lace and brads are from the basket under my table (lol).


Lastly I share with you a peek at the inside of the card as well as a peek at the matching envelope.  The box will hold 6 envelopes and 6 cards and still have a bit of room left.  I plan to add a few pieces of chocolate in the box before I give it to my friend, so I need a bit of space.

Well that's the end of my tale of joy and pain all put together in one day...so what do I do...I play with paper and try to create just to keep my sanity and my religion in tact.

Thanks for stopping by...and have a lovely creative day where ever your are.

Hugs
~Lesia

Your Comments are always appreciated

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lesia I know your pain about the new computer... but it was worth it!
What a wonderful project you have made - it is absolutely gorgeous!!
Blessings
Maxine

Pumpy said...

Hi my friend, I know what these computers are like when they work we love them BUT. Glad you are back. xxx

Sheila H said...

Sorry about your old computer. Your project is lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...