Clockworks Foil and Metal

Oh I am so glad to finally find time to post again and chat with all my lovely friends in blog land.  On my last post I mentioned the GASC was in my area and I was able to attend and yep Mr. Tim Holtz and Melissa Francis were both there demonstrating their many talents as well as their new products.  I was a bit disappointed that no one was selling any of the Graphic 45 newest collections. But despair I did not I found this table where there was a lot of stenciling going on in some pretty cool ways, so of course I had to hang around and ask a few questions.

I was mesmerized by how far something I remember from when I was little playing with my mom's aluminum foil had evolved to be a fabulous technique. Using metal sheets, foil and then there was the shimmer sheetz, as well as some adorable peel and stick stickers (my BFF said they were vinyl) that was used to create some beautiful cards.  I even learned how to make my own sparkly paper. 

Tonight I am going to share two cards that were made using the new techniques I learned.  Of course I had to purchase all the necessary material to try the techniques at home...after all practice makes perfect.

METAL EMBOSSING


Now if I can just remember how this card was made.  The supplies used included the following:

Bazzill Cardstock
MercArt Silver Metal Foil
TCW Clocks Work Stencil
MercArt Basic Tool Kit
Baroque Gliders Paste (multiple colors)

FOIL EMBOSSING


For this second card the items you will need are probably already in your stash somewhere with perhaps the exception of one item which can be found at most local craft stores.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen them at Michaels, Joanne's or even Hobby Lobby.  I find my at a small out of the way craft store.

Supplies Used:
Tim Holtz Embossing Folder
Elizabeth Craft Shimmer Sheetz (iridescent)
Stazon Black Ink
Stampin Up Cardstock
Core'dinations Cardstock
Sanding Block


The first card takes a bit of patience to create that perfect look, but it is so worth the effort.  The second one just takes a few steps to create a look that can be applied to any card.  I was pleased with the outcome of both of them.  By the way the grungy, messy look on the second one is intentional.  

Reminder that there is still time to enter for our last challenge drawing and congratulations to Gail who was our first June winner.

Well goodnite everyone....stay safe, be healthy, and enjoy bringing beauty to the world through crafting.

Hugs
~Lesia~

6 comments:

debbie said...

awesome card

New Creations said...

Wow Mema!!
Both of your metallic cards are awesome with great look and i love the first one!! The texture, shades are just perfect.

kiwimeskreations said...

Lesia these are magnificent - love them both!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn said...

Fantastic cards! I love them both!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning work Lesia! Thank you for sharing them with us! I am very envious of your visit to see Mr Holtz and the G45 crew Karen x

Crafty Judith said...

Awesome cards hun terrific job great technique thanks for sharing they are inspirational hugs Judith xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...