MoonLit Nights With Stampscapes Scenes

Hello Again Crafters

Seems like for the past week or so I have been a little busy bee with my sponging and stampscapes.  I've even reverted back to using my gamsol and color pencils on a few of my scenes, which I've already shared with everyone.  This time however I am attempting to do night scenes and this is really hard to do...at least for me it is.

Since the paper I am using is glossy cardstock I am not sure if I can actually do what I want to do but I won't really know unless I try, right?  While I am busy trying to figure that out I am going to share my latest scenes with you that I am referring to as my "Moonlit Nights" although some don't have a moon anywhere in the scene (ha ha go figure).

I've tried four times to get a scene that I thought was good enough to share and finally did on my 5th and 6th one, so those I am going to share with you.  I have more because I just recently purchased a few more stamp sets and am trying to use every single stamp in the set in some kind of way.

If anyone else tries these stamps please let me know so I can see what you do with them but in the meantime here is what I have:



For both these scenes I used one stamp and got creative with my layering and stamping. On the scene above I simply added a few trees in the back to make it look fuller.

On the scene below I over laid the stamp itself to add depth and then surrounded it with water to change the perspective.  They are the same scene with minor changes made to each of them so they appear to be totally different.



I sponged the background using both pigment and dye based inks. I added a few stars with my gel pen and a couple of birds to add to the nighttime theme I was trying to capture.  I thought the water with its reflection also added that illusion of it being night. Using my silver glitter pen I was able to add a little sparkle to the trees and to the water.

Although some areas appear yellow the only yellow is in the moon and the purple in the sky is a value obtained when mixing to shades of blue (go figure, it works).  I stayed with the blue hue throughout the coloring of both cards and just changed the value of the blues to add depth. 

I really liked how these cards turned out and will continue to practice this new found technique. In the meantime as I seek to improve I would like to enter the following challenges:

Simply Papercrafts - Anything Goes
Creative Artiste - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Monochrome
Art By Miram - #62 Anything Goes
Little Claire's Design - Anything Goes


This is all until next time
Sending hugs from Texas
Lesia
Make Time to Make Stuff



7 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning scenes Lesia - love the depth you are achieving in the scenes. Well done of persevering with the technique to obtain the results you have.
Blessings
Maxine

Wheelie Crafty said...

Great creation, I love the colours... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Dreja said...

Eine absolut phantastische Karte. Vielen lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei "Creative Corner".
LG Dreja

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

Thank you for taking part in our art by miran challenge,
I very much enjoyed looking at your project and all
the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

Sheryl said...

This is beautiful. I love the depth you have achieved.
Glad you joined the fun at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge this month.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Lesia - These are stunning creations! I am in awe of them! So fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com
http://purpleglocreations.ctmh.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...