Time Flies

Wow, time has flown by and I am so behind on things.  Seems like once Thanksgiving arrives, time speeds up and before you know it, it's a matter of weeks before Christmas and there's still more to do.  Today I decided to take a break from the hustle and bustle going on outside the comfort of my house and stay indoors where I can savor the warmth and a cup of tea while watching a bit of television.

During the quietness I tried out a few recipes I discovered on Pinterest.  Perhaps I'll share in a later post (maybe). And of course I had to go play in my craft-room and create a few cards to share with you.  So far I have created over 50 Christmas cards and it has been fun but very busy. 

During my creative mojo period I became fascinated with snowflakes and kept creating around the snowflake.  Not Santa or Christmas trees but snowflakes.  I did manage a few cards with reindeer and other symbols of Christmas but mostly my theme was snowflakes. Let me share two of my cards and you'll see what I mean.



This card was created using Bazzil card-stock and one of my newest dies from Memory Box, "Frostyville Border."  I then matched some ribbon with the paper and added a bow.  The greeting is a Fiskar clear stamp and my card size is 4.5 x 6.5.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Inspiration Destination - #116 Anything Goes (12/20)
Creative Moments - #108 Anything Goes (12/19)
Southern Gals - #149 Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbon Challenge - #180 Christmas Theme (12/19)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenges - #394 Christmas (12/20)

This second card is simple and I like how it turned out. It has a certain style with all the snowflakes that reminded me of a snowy White Christmas day or a Winter Wonderland as sung by Johnny Mathis in the 70's.



With card-stock, ribbon and a couple of embossed pieces you can create this card.  I used a Darice snowflake embossing folder to emboss parts of the top layer leaving a space for my greeting. I cornered off the sections using two pieces of satin ribbon from my stash, added a couple of snowflake embellishments and stamped a greeting to complete this card.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Double D Challenges - Dreaming of a White Christmas (12/17)
Crafty Gals Corner - #101 Anything Goes (12/19)
Sweet Stampin Christmas - Inspired by Song (12/29)
Cute Card Thursday -#456 Snowflakes (12/20)

That's all I have for this post 
which is most likely my last post for the year.
With that being said I would like to say
to all my crafting buddies around the world, 
I wish each and every one of you 
that celebrate this time of year;

HAPPY HOLIDAYS 
HAPPY HANUKKAH
FELIZ NAVIDAD
SEASON GREETINGS
AND
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sending Hugs from Texas
Lesia



12 comments:

msafrocentric2012 said...

Wow 50? That is a lot. I did about 25 and I am burnt out. The snow flake die is very nice and looks good on the card.

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful and elegant cards Lesia - I particularly like the second one with the textured background contrasted by the satin ribbon.
May you have a wonderful, joy filled Christmas
Blessings
Maxine

LilArtsyWoman said...

Very beautiful cards as always.

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful Lesia! Love the blue/white color combo ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Dreaming of a White Christmas’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Carol S. said...

Pretty card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons, Carol S. DT

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT xx

Jean said...

Stunning pair of cards.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
Jean DT xx

Treva said...

Wow, you've created a lot of cards! Nice snowflake cards! Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Gail said...

I love these cards. I love the colors and I adore the die cuts. You've made so many beautiful cards this year and I've enjoyed looking at them. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' for our 'singing' challenge. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy time with family and friends! --Gail

MagsB said...

50 cards! That is awesome! These two snowflake cards are so pretty, I love how you used the border die in the first one and the CAS design of the seccond. Merry Christmas! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B DT x

Marjeta said...

Gorgeous card.Love your color combination and dies on the first one. On the second I saw gorgeous embellished snowflakes. Wish you a magical 2017.

Marjeta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...