Month of Love

February is viewed as the month of love all across the U.S. and other countries as well.  It is also the month where lots of red, pink and white is in order and sometimes a touch of black.

So keeping with the traditional colors I created two cards using Graphic 45 paper.  Actually, I've had this paper collection for to long and needed to do something with it.  I found my inspiration on Pinterest and now to share with you in hopes that I can pass along the inspiration to you (if you need to be inspired of course, (smiles)).

As usual with Graphic 45 paper designs, the paper itself tells the story.  All you have to do is put it together so no coloring and the only stamping required is a greeting or a sentiment which works great when you can't find the perfect image. Below are my two creations; one for the male and one for the female.





I really like how this one turned out although I wasn't able to mimic completely the one I used for inspiration.  The papers are all from the Mon Amour collection and flowers are from Petaloo.  If you haven't matched the Petaloo flowers with Graphic 45 paper you should give it a try.  All I added was some stickles to the flowers and I used a Spellbinders die for one of the mats.

I design the inside using scraps from the same paper (as I usually do) and include a space for a personal message. 



For the gentleman, I used more manly colors from the same paper collection.  Again I added flowers from Petaloo and used a Memory Box die to create a spiral doily peeking out from the corners of my focal point.  For this card I didn't need to add a greeting because I used the paper for that purpose as well (pretty cool).

The inside was hit and miss because I didn't want to cover any of the paper but of course to add a personal message space I had to cover something.

This is all I have for this post and I hope to enter a few challenges with them.

Crafty Friends - #51 Anything Goes (2/24)(M53)
Crafty Calendar - Love is in the Air (2/28) (M74)
Patch of Crafty Friends - #51 Anything Goes (2/17)(M185)
Glitter 'N' Sparkle - #226 Love is in the Air (2/18)(M12)
Cupcake Inspiration - #394 Color Inspired (2/18)(M14)
Crafting When We Can - Flowers (2/17)(M51)
Come and Get It - Love is in the Air (2/17)(M12)

As always thanks for stopping by.


Sending hugs from Texas
~Lesia

11 comments:

EK Gorman said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. You have such a talent for paper piecing....This is just stunning. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

Bunny said...

Great vintage looking cards. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Gina said...

As a Graphic 45 junky too I don't really need to tell you how much I adore these cards :D "Stunning" Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting When we Can XXX

Birgit said...

Wow!! These are incredibly stunning!! So glad you linked it up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely vintage cards… Love how you have decorated the inside of your card too, to match the front. Please join us again next time. Good luck!
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Dana Johnson said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Aurelia Aurora said...

Wooow superb design.. love both of them.. Thank you for sharing your project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #51.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa

Indy's Designs said...

Oh this is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Judy V said...

Great cards! Love this Graohic 45 collection! Thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle!

Wendy Bellino said...

Your vintage inspired cards are just gorgeous! I love that you decorated the insides to match. I'm so glad you joined our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...